Expert Technicians Servicing Any Brand
To schedule service, call 913-888-4470
Are you having problems with your HVAC unit not working? There are a few different reasons why your heating and cooling unit might not be working properly. Cates Heating and Cooling is here to discuss some of the most common reasons your HVAC system isn’t working.
Reasons Your HVAC System Isn’t Working
Some of the most common reasons that your HVAC system isn’t working including:
- Faulty relay or fan control
- Faulty fan belt
- Bad wiring
- Faulty motor
- Bad or weak motor capacitor
- Frozen coil due to an air conditioning problem
- Faulty thermostat
- Breaker or switch off
- Filter blocked
These issues are likely to lead to a lack of adequate airflow, some rooms being warmer or cooler than others, inadequate heating and cooling, and other problems that can lead to discomfort for those inside of your home. If you start to notice problems with your HVAC unit, including the system not turning on, it is a good idea to give the unit a quick once-over before contacting a service technician. You may be able to solve an easy problem yourself. For example, if your breaker or on-switch have been flipped to the off position, that is a very easy fix that doesn’t require any professional help.
While you can flip the breaker or switch yourself and put a new filter into your system, the rest of these issues will require help from an HVAC professional.
Why Should You Avoid DIY Solutions?
Do-It-Yourself HVAC repairs have popped up all over the Internet. While many of these may seem like a great option—especially if you consider yourself handy—there are many reasons that the technicians at Cates Heating and Cooling don’t recommend trying DIY HVAC repairs.
- HVAC Repairs Can Be Dangerous: While some HVAC maintenance is quick and easy, other tasks are very complicated and have potential dangers attached to them. In some cases, these dangers aren’t obvious until it is too late for the DIYer. Electricity and harmful chemicals can quickly make what was considered an easy DIY project a very dangerous situation.
- DIY Repairs Can Be Expensive: You may be trying to save money by DIYing your HVAC repairs, but it can backfire in big ways. First, small HVAC repairs can become very expensive if they aren’t done Plus, small problems could be hinting at larger issues with your HVAC unit. Trying to fix the problem could also make things worse and increase the final cost of the repairs done by professionals later.
- You Don’t Own the Proper Equipment: HVAC companies will have all of the necessary tools and equipment to complete the job that you need to be done. Even if you have a bunch of tools in your garage or shed, they may not be the correct tools needed for the job. You could be risking your safety and the integrity of your equipment by using the wrong tools.
- You Might Invalidate Your Warranties: When you use a professional HVAC repair company, labor and parts often come with warranties. If you try to repair these parts on your own, you could damage the part and leave your warranty void. Once you void the warranty, you are left footing the bill for a new part and potentially the repairs on the part if the HVAC repair service offers labor warranties.
How Can an HVAC Professional Help Solve Your Heating and Cooling Problems?
If your HVAC system isn’t working, and you have already checked the breaker, switch, and filter, it is time to contact a professional technician like those at Cates Heating and Cooling in Lenexa, Kansas.
A professional can come to your home to diagnose the problem with your HVAC system quickly. HVAC technicians are trained to run diagnostic tests and identify potential causes of common HVAC heating and cooling problems.
Once your problems have been diagnosed, technicians can work with you to find a way to solve your problems. At Cates Heating and Cooling, we offer both repair and replacement services, and we would be happy to make a recommendation to solve your problems based on the issues and the cost of repairs.
To have a Cates Heating and Cooling technician come to your home for a consultation on any potential HVAC repairs, give us a call today at 913-888-4470.