WHEN THEY WIN
American athletes are up against the best of the best from across the world this summer. If the U.S. collects more than 84 gold medals, CATES customers could be eligible for a 100% cash rebate* on qualify Carrier System purchases and more. The conditional rebate offer is valid for qualifying purchases made between 5.3.21 – 6.13.21.
*Restrictions apply, please read official rules below for details
Conditional Rebate Offer Official Rules
Cates Heating & Cooling
THEY WIN / YOU WIN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONAL REBATE OFFER IS VALID ONLY TO QUALIFYING INDIVIDUALS WHO RESIDE IN KANSAS OR MISSOURI (AS DEFINED BELOW), AND SHALL ONLY BE AWARDED TO QUALIFYING INDIVIDUALS IN THE EVENT OF THE CONDITIONAL REBATE ACTIVATION REQUIREMENTS BEING SUCCESSFULLY ACHIEVED PER REQUIREMENTS BELOW OR THE NO-PURCHASE NECESSARY ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION SHALL BE VOID AND TERMINATED IF CHINA, RUSSIA, GREAT BRITAIN, GERMANY OR AUSTRALIA WITHDRAW FROM THE SUMMER OLYMPICS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE GAMES; OR IF THE US TEAM WITHDRAWS AT ANY TIME. SEE RULES BELOW FOR COMPLETE DETAILS.
1. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: Cates Heating & Cooling, with offices at 14361 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215 is the “Sponsor” of the promotion. DW Creative marketing, with offices at 6801 W 107th Street Suite #105, Overland Park 66212 is the “Administrator” of the promotion.
2. DESCRIPTION: Any eligible person who makes a Qualifying Purchase from the Sponsor during the Qualification Period as described below or who enters using the No Purchase Necessary method below is eligible to receive a 100% cash rebate (or corresponding gift card for no purchase entrants) if the US Team wins 84 or more gold medals during the 2021 Summer Olympic games (“Activation Requirement”), scheduled to be conducted July 23, 2021, through August 8, 2021.
3. QUALIFICATION PERIOD: The Conditional Rebate Offer is valid for all Qualifying Purchases made or Write-In entries received between 12:01 am CST on May 3, 2021, and ending at 11:59 pm CST on June 13, 2021. Qualifying purchases must be paid in full on or before June 13, 2021 and installed on or before June 30, 2021 (the “Promotion Period), provided, however, that this Conditional Rebate Offer will automatically end when the total amount of entries received, regardless of entry method, reaches 110. Sponsor will post notice of the end of the Promotion Period on its website at: www.catesheatingandcooling.com/us84.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Conditional Rebate Offer is open to legal residents in Kansas or Missouri who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry unless otherwise prohibited by law. Limit one entry per household regardless of method of entry. Misdirected, lost, late, inaccurate, incomplete, or illegible entries are not the responsibility of the Sponsor and are void. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors, promotional partners, and members of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouses) or persons living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to participate or win.
5. QUALIFYING PURCHASE: Any customer who meets the eligibility requirements and purchases a complete Carrier HVAC system with installation (ARV $6,800) within the Qualification Period. A qualifying purchase is defined as a complete Carrier HVAC System that includes an air conditioning unit AND a furnace OR a heat pump. The system must include one of the following Carrier brand products: Air Conditioner models 24VNA6, 24VNA9, 24ANB7, 24ACB7, 24ABC6; Heat Pump models 25VNA4, 25HNB6, 25HPB6, 25HCB6; Furnace models 59MN7, 59TN6, 57TP6, 58TN, 58TP.
The rebate, should activation requirements be met, will be in an amount equal to the full purchase price, excluding sales tax, and shall include the complete Carrier HVAC system, installation, and any additional products, parts and/or services purchased as part of the HVAC system; with all eligible purchases listed on a single invoice or receipt. All purchases must be initiated between May 3, 2021 and June 13, 2021; paid in full on or before June 13, 2021; and installed on or before June 30, 2021. All sales are final and there are no cancellations or returns on eligible merchandise purchased during the Qualification Period. Not valid with any other Carrier promotional offers except promotional financing for qualifying products. There is a limit of one entry per Qualifying Purchase, and duplicate entries will be deemed void.
Each Qualifying Customer will automatically be entered to participate in this Conditional Rebate Offer, in which a Qualifying Customer will have the opportunity to receive, subject to all the terms and conditions contained in these Official Rules, a Rebate check in an amount equal to the total sum of his/her full purchase price (excluding sales tax) if the Activation Requirements are achieved as defined in Section 8.
In the event the Activation Requirements are not achieved; or if China, Russia, Great Britain, Germany or Australia withdraw from the 2021 summer Olympics prior the start of the games, or the US team withdraws at any time, Qualifying Customers shall NOT receive the Rebate Amount or any other award, refund, rebate, or compensation. Recipients of a conditional rebate check, if any, are solely responsible for making their own payments to suppliers of credit, if applicable.
Federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to this promotion. Participants who disregard these Official Rules may be declared ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be returned nor acknowledged.
6. HOW TO PARTICIPATE BY PURCHASING: Eligible customers must make a qualifying purchase from Cates Heating & Cooling, 14361 W 96th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66215 between May 3, 2021, and June 13, 2021 (the “Qualification Period”). Purchases must be paid in full by June 13, 2021, and installed by June 30, 2021.
7. HOW TO ENTER WITHOUT PURCHASE: Any person who meets the eligibility requirements may participate without making a purchase during the Promotion Period by submitting a postcard (a “Write-ln Entry Form”) that is no smaller than 3 x 5 inches and no larger than 4 x 6 inches, and includes, in legible handwriting, such participant’s first and last name, mailing address, phone number, email address and date of birth. The Write-In Entry Form shall be mailed to the promotion Administrator with proper postage affixed: DW Creative Marketing, First Place Conditional Rebate Offer; 6801 W. 107th Street Suite #105, Overland Park 66212. All Write-ln Entry Forms must be postmarked by June 13, 2021, and received by the Administrator no later than June 23, 2021. There is a limit of one Write-In Entry Form per envelope or postcard and one Write-In Entry per Eligible Person, and duplicate entries will be deemed void. Write-In Entry Forms must contain all entry fields outlined above. Sponsor not responsible for lost, delayed, or illegible entries.
In the event the Activation Requirement is achieved, all eligible Write-In Entries will receive a Cates Heating & Cooling gift card for a new Carrier HVAC system valued at $6,800. The gift card cannot be redeemed for cash. The potential winner will be notified by phone and email and required to respond (as directed) to the notification within 10 days (or shorter time if required by exigencies) of the first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize.
8. REBATE ACTIVATION REQUIREMENT: In the event that the US Olympic Team collectively wins 84 or more gold medals at the 2021 Summer Olympics, as reported by the International Olympic Committee following the conclusion of the games, any eligible customer who made a Qualifying Purchase during the Qualification Period will receive a refund check in an amount equal to the total sum of his/her Qualifying Purchase, excluding sales tax. An individual’s receipt of any prize amount or rebate will be subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that the rebate activation requirement described herein does not occur, or if China, Russia, Brittain, Germany or Australia withdraw from the 2021 summer Olympics prior the start of the games, or if the US team withdraws at any time, then the conditional rebate offer is null and void, and there will be no rebate, prize award, refund or compensation in any manner to any qualified customer or entrant.
9. PRIZE NOTIFICATION; WINNER VERIFICATION: Winners do not need to be present in order to claim their rebate offers, provided the Rebate Activation Requirement is achieved. Winners will be notified by Sponsor and will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within seven (7) days of notification. From the time of such notification, rebates can and will take up to 60 days to process and deliver. Sponsor will ensure all winners will be reimbursed within 60 days of receiving payment from Lloyd’s, London, the prize Insurance Underwriter. Rebate recipient(s), if any, must accept delivery of refund payment from Sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor. The conditional rebate offer is non-transferable and no rebate offer substitution will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time, without notice, and honor those purchases made prior to termination of the offer. By accepting a refund or gift card, all winners consent to the use of their names, photographs and/or likeness for advertising/publicity or trade purposes in commerce and in all media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sales orders are non-transferable. No sales substitute or cash equivalent allowed except as provided herein. The Sponsors reserve the right to award a substitute refund as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion.
10. TAXES AND ACCEPTANCE: All applicable taxes, including but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the rebate are solely the responsibility of the winner. Rebate or gift card recipients may be required to complete and return an IRS Form W-9 that indicates the winner’s social security or taxpayer ID number. All prize winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prize or rebate. Some restrictions may apply.
By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to this offer. In the event an entrant is awarded a rebate or gift card, and is later found to be in violation of these Official Rules, he/she will be required to forfeit the rebate or to reimburse the Sponsor for the stated value. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, participation in this promotion constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies or designees to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation. False, fraudulent, or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize. The Sponsor, its agencies, and its third-party promotion service providers are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer. Entrants, by their participation, and winners, in accepting their prizes, agree to indemnify and hold harmless and waive any and all claims of liability of any kind whatsoever against the Sponsors including, but not limited to, any accident, loss, injury, or death occurring or in any way related to the prizes or use/misuse thereof or while traveling to and/or from a location to obtain or use the prizes or participation in this promotion. Sponsor, its agencies, and third-party promotion services providers shall not be liable to a winner or any other person for failure to supply the rebate, the rebate offer, or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause exceeding Sponsor’s sole control. No more than the advertised amount of rebates will be awarded for any reason.
11. ODDS: Odds of being eligible for a Conditional Rebate or winning a Conditional Gift Card or Write-In Entry are dependent on the odds of the US Olympics Team winning first place a minimum of 84 times. The retail value on the Conditional Gift Card is $6,800 and any Rebate Amount is dependent on the sum of Qualifying Purchases made.
12. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: The promotion and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and the participants will be governed and controlled by the laws of the State of Kansas. All actions, proceedings, and litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the courts of the State of Kansas, whether federal or state, and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of Kansas with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this promotion.
All entrants and Sponsor (together the “Parties”) agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved in the following manner: (a) Negotiation – The Parties first shall use reasonable efforts to discuss and negotiate a resolution of the controversy; (b) Arbitration. If the efforts to negotiate a resolution do not succeed, the Parties shall resolve the controversy by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules for Commercial Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association (the “Rules”) and pursuant to the following additional provisions; (c) Applicable Law – The Parties agree that the internal laws of Kansas shall govern the construction of the terms and the application of the provisions of the promotion and that all disputes will be resolved in accordance with Kansas law; (2) Selection of Arbitrators – The Parties shall select one arbitrator within ten (10) days after the filing of a demand and submission in accordance with the Rules. If the Parties fail to agree on an arbitrator within that ten (10)-day period or fail to agree to an extension of that period, the arbitration shall take place before an arbitrator selected in accordance the Rules; (3) Location of Arbitration. The arbitration shall take place in Johnson County, Kansas, and the arbitrator shall issue any award at the place of arbitration. The arbitrator may conduct hearings and meetings at any other place agreeable to the Parties or, upon the motion of a party, determined by the arbitrator as necessary to obtain significant testimony or evidence; (4) Enforcement of Award – The prevailing party shall have the right to enter the award of the arbitrator in any court having jurisdiction over one or more of the Parties or their assets. The Parties specifically waive any right they may have to apply to any court for relief from any decision of the arbitrator made prior to the award. Sponsor reserves the right to pay the arbitration filing fee on behalf of entrant. A Party may bring claims against another party only in its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. The Parties agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings of more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of an individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND SPONSOR ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND/OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND RELATING TO ANY DISPUTE RELATING TO OUR RELATIONSHIP, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. If any term of this arbitration agreement is to any extent illegal, otherwise invalid, or incapable of being enforced, such term shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability; all other terms hereof shall remain in full force and effect. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS PROMOTION.
13. CANCELLATION: Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend, extend, or cancel this promotion (or any portion thereof) in the event Sponsor is prevented from executing this promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to: fire; flood; earthquake; explosion; public health epidemic or crisis; labor dispute or strike; act of God or public enemy; network or equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; terrorist threat or activity; war (declared or undeclared); pandemic, the consequences of the COVID 19 pandemic, cancellation of the summer Olympic games, if the US team withdraws from the summer Olympic games at any time, or if China, Russia, Great Britain, Germany or Australia withdraw from the summer Olympics prior to the start of the games, court order; or federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation or if required to terminate the promotion at the direction of the International Olympic Committee. Sponsor also reserve the rights to modify, suspend, extend, or cancel the promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes or events corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the promotion.
14. WINNERS LIST: For a complete list of winners in this promotion, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to DW Creative Marketing Conditional Rebate Offer; 6801 W. 107th Street Suite #105, Overland Park 66212. Requests must be received by September 30, 2021.